When thinking about one’s own funeral most people feel uneasy, but more people are finding that planning their own funeral offers emotional and financial security for them and their families. With preplanning, you’ll find comfort in knowing that the funeral reflects what your loved one wanted.
After you’ve made the arrangements make sure you put them in a safe place and let a love one or someone you trust know where to find them in time of need. If you choose, there are several options in order to prepay your funeral that can offer you financial benefits. Ask one of our professionals for the information you need.
Hooper Memorial Home Inc. will provide you with the following protections:
- Provide you with detailed price lists of services and merchandise before you make your selections.
- Provide to you, at the conclusion of the funeral arrangement conference, a written statement listing all of the services and merchandise you have purchased and the price.
- Give you a written preneed funeral contract explaining, in plain language, your rights and obligations.
- Guarantee in the contract that if any of the merchandise or services you have selected are not available at the time of need, merchandise or services of equal or greater value will be substituted at no extra cost.
- Explain in the contract the geographical boundaries of their service area and under what circumstances you can transfer the preneed contract to another funeral home if you were to relocate or if the death were to occur outside of the service area.
- State in the contract where and how much of the funds you pay will be deposited until the funeral is provided.
- Inform you in the contract whether and to what extent we are guaranteeing prices of the merchandise and services you are purchasing. If the prices are not guaranteed, we will explain to you in the contract who will be responsible for paying any additional amounts that may be due at the time of the funeral.
We know that you appreciate the importance of planning before the need arises so that the details and expenses of funeral arrangements can be a source of security and peace of mind rather than a burden. Our pre-need plan for a funeral or cremation can do more to lessen the distractions and grief associated with death than any other thing we could suggest to you. The pre-financed plan that Hooper Memorial Home Inc. has available for you gives options to secure peace of mind for you and your loved ones.
When pre-planning a funeral, all of your thoughts and wishes about your funeral are planned. Your family will know exactly what you want, and not what they think you want. At Hooper Memorial Home Inc., we'll help you put it in writing. Writing it down will help avoid family disputes, or involvement by others that may not know what your wishes are. Your loved ones won't question: "Did we do the right thing? Did we forget anything? Is this what she/he wanted? Did we spend too much?" All that is eliminated because you put it in writing.
Pre-planning is the first step. Many people are considering ways to fund their funeral. Funding the funeral guarantees that the goods and services selected will be provided and will help to curtail the escalating costs of funerals. Pre-planning offers peace of mind. Your survivors will not be burdened with decisions regarding your funeral.
Pre-planning your own funeral makes sense because it allows you to take full control of your funeral right now. You can save your loved ones the difficulty of making decisions without knowing exactly what you wanted.
Pre-planning allows you to get together your loved ones and make your plans, thus resolving your personal matters with a clear mind, in a peaceful and relaxed atmosphere. In return, you will save the people you care about most from the emotional turmoil and burdensome decisions that an unplanned funeral can often bring.
By making the decision to pre-pay now, you will lock in the cost of your funeral at today's prices, even if you live for another 50 years. When you pre-arrange and pre-pay, you can be assured that definite arrangements have been made and no other financial decisions need to be faced. No matter what the cost of fulfilling your last wishes at your time of need, pre-payment guarantees the cost will remain constant, regardless of inflation. In fact, since pre-paying ensures that you are protected against inflation, you can save thousands of dollars to spend as you please or leave to your loved ones.
Arrangements can be made in the comfort of your own home by clicking the button below. Fill in as much as you are comfortable with and we'd be pleased to meet with you to discuss further. See the form below for details.